Hello Creatives! How are we on this lovely Saturday? Did we all make it through Halloween with out being slayed by Vampire Hunters, Witch Hunters and Ogre Hunters? I sure hope so!
We are finally through the holiday and we can get back to some more normal and serious Stomping and this week is going to be the perfect example of that.
Tuesday night I was laying in bed watching the movie The Sixth Sense with Bruce Willis. Towards the beginning of the movie when Bruce is getting to know the kid, he asks if he has ever done Free Association Writing, and he goes on to explain what it is. Free association writing is when you take a pen to paper and just write (or in our case, fingers to the keys). With no push, no agenda or subject. You just take the words floating around in your mind and let them flow onto the paper. In the movie they show images of the writing done by the little boy. Obviously being a scary movie, the writing was a little on the evil and gruesome side, but it still applies to the most positive of people too.
True Definition of Free Association Writing:
- the expression (as by speaking or writing) of the content of consciousness without censorship as an aid in gaining access to unconscious processes
So this week, I want you to try Free Association Writing. Try writing with out any word prompt, with out he help of suggestion and write with true intention of getting something out. You might even learn something about yourself.
If this does not fit your blog or if you find this to be challenging, than write about whatever you want for this week. With the Free Association Writing, most entries this week will be random, so share whatever you want to share this week. A poem, a short story, tell me about your past week or share your weekend plans with us. This is literally a FREE FOR ALL week.
Here are the rules to the event:
- Start a new post containing the content you wish to share!
- Link back to the post through comments or link on your page!
- To make it easier for others to see your post, tag it with “Prompt Stomp”
- Remember to follow The MomHood to get the new prompt every Saturday!
- Have fun and be creative!
My entry this week on Free Association Writing
And here are the Featured Bloggers this week:
- Yelhispressing wrote Kitchen Memories of a Child’s Nose and Mouth
- A Texans View of Upstate New York wrote Sweets
- Dreaming of a World Bigger Than Ours wrote Sweet
- In Medias Res wrote Treat (Combination of The Daily Post and Prompt Stomp)
Please take a second look at these bloggers and their sites. They deserve it!
I hope you enjoy this weeks Challenge, and I look forward to reading all of the posts shared.
Have a great week ahead and CHEERS CREATIVES!!!!!